Eatuitive offers Eating Disorder Recovery Therapy, Intuitive Eating Counseling, body image mentoring for men, women and teens who’ve chosen (or who are willing to consider) a non-diet approach to overcoming binge eating, destructive dieting, emotional overeating, night eating syndrome, DSM-5 classified eating disorders and other types of disordered eating. Eatuitive counselors and coaches are body positive and believe in a Health at Every Size (HAES) approach to recovery.
An Eatuitive counselor can help you learn to…
- Challenge the critical voices that lead to destructive dieting and eating
- Listen to your body to tell you what, when, and how much to eat
- Discern physical hunger from emotional hunger and habit
- Find healthy ways to deal with difficult emotions, boredom and stress without eating, restricting or overexercising
- Eat guilt-free without restricting or binging
- Decipher which nutrition guidance is worth listening to (and which is unhealthy dieting propaganda)
- Find enjoyable, non-punitive ways to get the exercise and movement your body needs
- Appreciate and treat your body with respect, gratitude and kindness
- Build a healthier relationship with food and your body
- Learn to support a friends, significant other or family member who is suffering from an eating disorder
If you are ready to free yourself from disordered eating, contact us today. We would be honored to accompany you on your journey to freedom from food and body image issues. Click HERE to see information on our Fees, Policies and Insurance information.
Eatuitive Counselors are EDIT Certified Eating Disorder Recovery Therapists and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselors but are not licensed by the state of Texas (or any other state). Sessions, whether they be for Eating Disorder Recovery, Intuitive Eating, Nutrition Counseling, or other, are intended solely to support your personal growth and recovery efforts and are not to be considered psychotherapy or professional mental health counseling.
Any and all content of your communications with Eatuitive counselors will be kept confidential by counselors and this office. However, it is important to know that any communication conducted online, by email, telephone and/or video conferencing are vulnerable to exposure.