Eatuitive helps people ditch dieting, disordered eating, and the habits and attitudes that cause and reinforce poor body image. Our services include eating disorder recovery coaching, intuitive eating counseling, and body image mentoring for women, men, and teens who’ve chosen (or who are willing to consider) a non-diet approach to overcoming binge eating, destructive dieting, emotional overeating, orthorexia, anorexia, bulimia, night eating syndrome, and other types of disordered eating.
Eatuitive counselors and coaches are body positive and believe in a Health at Every Size (HAES) approach to recovery. We work with clients face-to-face in Austin, Texas, and online worldwide through user-friendly video conferencing.
An Eatuitive Intuitive Eating Counselor can help you overcome disordered eating and/or destructive dieting by helping you learn to:
- Challenge the critical voices that lead to destructive dieting, restricting, overeating, overexercising, binging, purging and other disordered eating behaviors
- Learn to listen to your body to tell you what, when, and how much to eat
- Discern the differences between physical hunger, appetite, emotional hunger, and habit
- Keep “healthy” eating and/or exercising from running your life
- Find constructive ways to deal with boredom, stress, and other difficult emotions without eating, restricting or over-exercising
- Eat guilt and shame-free without feeling you have to compensate by skipping meals, restricting, exercising or purging
- Decipher which nutrition guidance is worth listening to and which is more likely unhealthy dieting propaganda
- Find enjoyable, non-punitive ways to get the movement your body needs and deserves
- Learn to treat your body and self with respect, gratitude, and compassionate kindness
All Eatuitive counselors are EDIT™ Certified Eating Disorder Recovery Therapists (trained and certified by Dr. Dorie McCubbrey, MSEd, PhD, LPC, CEDS) and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselors (trained and certified by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD and Elyse Resch, MS, RDN, CEDRD, Fiaedp, FADA).
Eatuitive counselors are also either Certified Nutritionists or Registered Dieticians with post-graduate studies and/or certifications, and members of IAEDP (International Association of Eating Disorders Specialists) and their local eating disorder professional associations.
If you are ready to free yourself from dieting and disordered eating, contact us today. We would be honored to accompany you on your journey to freedom from food and body image issues.